QuickBooks error 1904 occurs when you install the QuickBooks desktop such as improper file location or damaged file. It can also occur due to the low maintenance of the computer, missing or damaged components then this error shows. This content will help you to fix this error If not then, You can contact the QuickBooks Pos support team.
QuickBooks error 1904 shows up with the message that [file way/name/extension] has neglected to enroll. The message additionally tells the client that there is no compelling reason to stress as his record information and friends documents are not harmed.
Why does quickbook error 1904 happen?
The QuickBooks error 1904 message may appear for several reasons. Some of them are given below –
- Damaged Microsoft Component.
- The QB installer file is not working or is damaged.
- An error may also occur when upgrading the user’s QuickBooks version.
- Security software does not allow the installation of QuickBooks.
- The user lacks the necessary permissions to install QB on Windows.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 1904?
Following are the symptoms of 1904 QuickBooks error –
- The user is unable to install QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks error pops up on the 1904 screen.
- The computer slowly responds to the user’s input.
Solution to fix quickbook error 1904
Listed below are effective remedies that will definitely help you get rid of the error 1904 QuickBooks:
Solution 1 – Use the QB Install Diagnostic Tool
- In the error message window, select Ignore and then proceed to install QB.
- Now, you should not open QB, but restart your PC.
Solution 2 – Windows Component Troubleshooting
If in case, error 1904 was not fixed using the QB install diagnostic tool, you would have to repair specific Windows components. Keep in mind, you should troubleshoot Windows components only if you are an expert Windows user or IT expert.
Arrangement 3 – Change Windows Account Settings
- Most importantly, you need to change to a Windows administrator account.
- Go to File Explorer.
- Presently, explore the basic documents under Program Files in the C drive.
- Right snap on basic documents.
- From the rundown that shows up, pick Properties.
- Pick Edit in the Security tab.
- Go to the segment with the name – Group or Username – and pick User.
- Presently, see the segment with Name – Permissions for User – and Turn on Required Permissions – Modify, Read and Execute, Folder Contents, Read, Write.
- Snap on Apply catch and afterward click on OK button.
- Introduce QuickBooks. After establishment, sign out of the executive record through the Start menu.
- At that point login to your typical client account.
- Snap Start at the base left of the screen.
- Type the word – CMD in the pursuit field. Run CMD as an executive.
Arrangement 4 – Add QB to the BitDEfender Exclusion List
- On the off chance that, you are utilizing Bitdefender, at that point you can’t resolve this error by incapacitating it. What you have to do to add QB to BitBfender’s rejection list.
- On the off chance that you are utilizing a 32-piece Windows OS, you should enter the C: \ Program Files \ Common records in the avoidance list.
- On the off chance that you are utilizing a 64-piece Windows OS, you should put C: \ Program Files \ Intuit (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Intuit) in the avoidance list.
Arrangement 5 – Uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash Player
In the event that in the event that, QuickBooks error 1904 shows up on the screen during establishment of Adobe Flash Player, at that point follow these means –
- Download the QB introduce demonstrative instrument and run it.
- Snap-on the Start menu.
- Type the word – Control Panel – in the inquiry field.
- Snap-on the control board to open it.
- In the rundown of projects, see Adobe Flash Player ActiveX.
- You need to pick Uninstall.
- Adhere to the guidelines and permit uninstallation.